Amazon

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy October!

Happy October Lobos! We have a great start to our school year. Last month we had our All Star Fun Run! DeMiguel raised $20,000, from this fundraiser. I did receive some feedback and we will adapt our run next year. Yes, the athletes are  returning next year. The athletes and their positive student interactions inside and outside the classroom helped fill our school with positive energy and a great community feel. Here is what I do for kids!!! Yes,  I spent the entire day on this tricycle, oh yeah, did I mention I had 6 pies thrown in my face? Good times! Thank you to our PTO members and all the parents that volunteered during the Fun Run to help mark the students' shirts. It was a great day! 

We have had one Walk to School Day. There were over 125 students and staff members that walked from various locations. We appreciate all the parents that joined us! The students were excited to wear their Lobo Pride bracelets and showed me them throughout the day! I know our second Walk to School Day will be just as successful!

I hope you have stopped by and see the fantastic things that are happening in and out of our classrooms. Our teachers are meeting weekly to discuss curriculum maps, instructional strategies, and the various we can meet the needs of students. I feel we are on the right track!

No comments:

Post a Comment